1) HOW ARE YOU FEELING? Well to sum it up in one word TIRED. I feel like my cutie Bernice looks in this photo! I expected to be exhausted, but the latest thing is that my legs are beyond tired. If I walk up stairs it feels like the end of an hour workout. My legs just feel really heavy all the time like I’m walking with leg weights on my ankles. People tell me it’s because I’m carrying more weight than I’m used to and because the blood isn’t flowing as well. Whatever it is it sucks! Otherwise I’m feeling okay. I know I have it better than a lot of pregnant woman so I shouldn’t complain. While I was nauseous early on, I never threw up. My sinuses are actually more clear than before I was pregnant and I haven’t really been in much pain. So yes I am feeling okay, I know it could be worse.
2) ARE YOU CRAVING ANYTHING? The short answer is no. Nothing consistent. I just don’t have much of an appetite and I am picky about what I’m eating. If I think I might want Mexican food for dinner an hour later I decide I’m not feeling it. So maybe it’s the opposite of cravings?? My hubby said early on I was craving Ice Cream, but I don’t think that was the case. I just wanted it a few times, but that was it. My friend Julie is a month away from giving birth and she has been craving apple sauce most of her pregnancy. I definitely don’t have anything like that. I love red wine so you would think maybe I’d be craving that, but I had a sip of my husband’s wine last week and wasn’t feeling it. So for now I’m still staying away from even the allowed one glass of wine. Oh and as for the opposite of cravings, I’ve even been staying away from one of my fav restaurants because I’m just not feeling it. Right this second I’m craving a cherry coke. I haven’t had coca cola since I was preggers and I love it. Hmmmm actually I just may treat myself to one now, but I don’t think that’s the kind of craving people are talking about. It’s not like I want coke all the time or anything. The funniest food thing and most “pregnant” thing I’ve done surrounding food is I bought this container of pickles at a deli downstairs from my work and ate three at once. A male co-worker was cracking up because it’s such a stereotype. You know pregnant woman and pickles go together like bread and butter. Ha ha that was just a one day event though so still not what I’d call a craving.
3) HAVE I STARTED EATING MEAT? Oh if I had a dime for everytime someone told me before I got pregnant that if I ever was with child I’d crave meat. I told them I wouldn’t, they insisted and guess who was right? Me! I know myself and I haven’t had any meat from a cow since I was 15, a pig since early 20s, poultry since mid-20s, etc. So no pregnancy hasn’t changed that. Actually the look and smell of meat repulses me more than ever. Hey if you want to eat meat that’s your choice. My choice is to avoid it. I don’t like the meat industry and that isn’t going to change ever.
4) WILL I RAISE MY CHILD AS A VEGETARIAN? Yes and yes it can be done. Don’t judge me, I don’t judge you. I know you can raise a healthy child without meat in their diet. When the child is old enough to make well informed decisions if they should decide to try a hamburger I won’t be able to stop them. What I will be at peace about is knowing they have all the knowledge in the world when it comes to what they eat. Now if they suddenly decided to eat veal or foie gras would I be hurt? Sure, but my husband is well educated on the subject and he doesn’t eat that crap so I wouldn’t expect my smart child to put that stuff in their bodies either. As for what formula I give my child? I have to admit I still need to do a lot more research on the subject before I can make an educated decision on that. So the jury is still out on that part of the puzzle.
5) AM I FINDING OUT WHAT I’M HAVING? (not a food/health related question, but one I get a lot nonetheless) Yes I’m finding out April 14th. I could find out now but my next OB appointment isn’t until then. Does my husband want to know? No, but he’s fine with the decision I made to find out. People say “don’t you want to be surprised?” I say I’ll be surprised enough when I push a baby out that I don’t need anymore surprises that day.
6) AM I WEARING MATERNITY CLOTHES YET? Yes my old pants were suffocating me so I switched over. I have a nice pair of maternity jeans my mom bought me at Pea in the Pod and I got a pair of on sale $20 jeans from Motherhood.com. Those jeans are and will be my best friends. I also got some nice maternity pants for work. I also love wearing leggings now. That’s the most comfortable for me. Oh and most of my old shirts are becoming mid-drift shirts so I’m trying to add longers shirts to my wardrobe now. Most of my dresses still fit ok and I got a few maternity ones. With warmer weather hopefully coming soon I think I’ll be in more dresses than usual. I definitely will have to add a lot to my wardrobe soon because right now my options are still rather limited. Probably a good time to go through my closet and throw out what I don’t wear to make room for some new stuff!